Business Development Manager – Indirect/Partner Business (Singapore)
Overall Job Purpose
The role is to acquire new logos & develop new relationships in the Indirect & Enterprise sector closing new business selling our key solutions in Asean market. The Business Development Manager (BDM) will work with marketing and the Sales Development Representative team to drive an outreach strategy to secure meetings with new prospects. The BDM is also required to self-generate meeting opportunities to drive relationships that lead to business wins/orders.
Regional Sales Director, APAC
The BDM is responsible for initiating and building dialogue with Indirect Managed Service Providers and DC service providers. This includes IT Managed Service Providers, System Integrators, Data Centre Service Providers, AWS/Azure Cloud Service Partners and SaaS/PaaS providers. The goal is to promote and sell Epsilon as a partner and provider of agile network fabric services that enable and underpin solutions that drive digital transformation strategies, including hybrid solutions (DC and cloud interconnect), cloud services access (AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle, IBM, Alibaba), major IX’s (Internet Exchanges) and other global connectivity destinations.
- Ensure outreach KPI’s are met: contact, follow-up, engagement.
- Ensure meeting generation KPI’s are met.
- Build a pipeline to x times target over a ramp up time-frame and maintain a set pipeline value versus target to ensure success.
- Hit a new business new MRC (monthly recurring charge) sign up target.
- A Hunter Mindset. To acquire new logos in the regional market
- Experience in selling transformative technologies to Service Providers that enables digital transformation and cloud strategies.
- Evidence of successfully hitting and exceeding new business targets.
- Proven experience in gaining new business.
- Understanding and knowledge of social selling, using tools such as LinkedIn and managing workload, outreach, prospecting and pipeline via a key platform such as Salesforce.
- Experience in selling virtualised network services, eg Clouds connect, Multi Cloud Routing, Data Centre Interconnect, Remote peering, SDN & WAN network.
- Experience in working with sell with and through partners, especially those buying services as part of value-add solution they are selling (MSP/SI)
- Experience in managing bilateral relationships where the opportunities and revenue flow both ways.
- Experience in working with marketing in both partner and own business to generate awareness events for business generation.
- Experience in working with partner sales teams to support pipeline generation.
- Ability to hold CIO level meetings, prepared and deliver pitch and RFP response presentations to CIO, snr and technical customer representatives.
- Experience and ability to drive bid responses for RFP’s.
- Regional experience in APAC, in particular Asean countries preferred. Experience working with the MSP in the regional market is a bonus.
- Ability and experience of working in agile, ‘hands on’ challenger environments.
- Experience in globally distributed businesses where colleagues, supporters and approvers are in other time zones is desirable.
- Experience in PE funded growth environments desirable.
- Spoken ASEAN local language is an added advantage.
Values and Personal Characteristics
Inherent interest in technology. Innately curious. A ‘doer’ and ‘owner’, gets involved. Flexible, able to handle a level of ambiguity and just press on. Pulls together virtual teams getting resources on board and behind a project/opportunity.
Able to self-help, ask for help, do what you can to get going.