Network Automation Engineer (UK)
London, United Kingdom
Overall Job Purpose
Epsilon operates a global MPLS network primarily focused on delivering L2 and L3 VPN service to our customers, and a key element to this role is developing solutions to automate service orchestration, capacity planning, Network Management and other associated elements including our Infiny SDN platform. The role involves close collaboration with a number of different functions, including network engineering, IT, IS, delivery & operational teams.
The role will develop Epsilon’s Engineering & operational toolsets to enhance automation of routine tasks and improve situational awareness to ultimately provide our operations teams with an ability to diagnose issues faster and provide higher level SLA’s.
This is an innovation role which requires a high degree of self-management and investigation of new tools and platforms. This role is expected to anticipate unexpected use cases and arrive at creative solutions, while still maintaining reliability and availability of the network and the tools being developed.
Head of Network Technology & Planning
- DevOps experience, best practices in terms of continues software development and testing.
- Participation in required meetings
- Automation of Network/service documentation based on network/service topology requirements
- Adherence to change control procedures for any changes
- Following technology trends and maintain awareness of new tools and techniques.
- Development of automated provisioning procedures for IP-MPLS based services & associate management thereof
- Develop tools to be used by network ops teams for faster troubleshooting and restoration of network and service issues.
- Develop troubleshooting procedures for network and customer service issues related to automated service deployment.
- Support Operational, Engineering and Provisioning teams when needed
- Support day to day network operation where required.
- Commercial experience of using network automation tools such as Python, Ansible, Chef, Puppet and vendor tools.
- Proven track record as a Network engineer with working knowledge of service provider network technologies, such as IP-MPLS, BGP and SD-WAN solutions. Preferably with Juniper.
- Knowledge of Junos OS, Junos Space and CSD along with their APIs is a plus.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and driven by technology evolution driving or developing business benefit.
- Ability to solve design and operational problems, plan and schedule complex communication system or services upgrades, modifications, and new equipment deployment and network integration.
- Track record of success in this industry with specific background in data network and its recent evolution into the Cloud.
- Degree & or equivalent Technology related achievement
- 3-5 years’ experience in a telecommunication service provided
- Cloud networking skills is a plus
- Hold a valid JNCIP or CCNP certificate or able to demonstrate equivalent experience is a plus.
- Selected candidate is subject to background check