Network Engineer – Core
London, United Kingdom
Overall Job Purpose
The job includes design and configuration of Epsilon’s global IP-MPLS backbone to enable new services, build documentation and processes for provisioning teams. A key element to the role is working with the development team to automate Epsilons network service on the Infiny platform.
Participate in network planning meetings, and provide low level plans for major network changes with detailed diagrams and full scope of works for physical and logical work, and through automation as much as possible.
Responsible for updating network documentation and ensuring base configurations on all devices are consistent and up to date in line with design LLD.
Work in close collaboration with the service assurance team to ensure they have necessary documentation to support the network and all monitoring is setup for all network metrics to enable proactive monitoring of backbone and customer services.
Support the capacity management team with data collection and provide up to date details of utilisation and support capacity management team by executing migrations to free up capacity.
Act as Level 3 escalation for network outages and complex customer issues, as well as provide technical support to Service Delivery teams and Technical sales for complex orders and high value bids.
Head of Network Engineering and Planning
- Responsible Network documentation
- Adhere to change control for any network changes
- Follow technology trends and understand the technical details (rfc etc)
- HLD and LLD development where needed
- Development of provisioning procedures for IP-MPLS based services
- Development and updating of troubleshooting procedures
- Development Infiny troubleshooting guides for network and customer service related issues.
- Write technical stories for Automation development as required
- Drive best practice for alarm and event clearing and assurance practice into the NOC.
- Support NOC and Provisioning when needed.
- Support technical sales team when needed
- Support day to day network operation where required.
- Participate in on-call rota.
- Experienced Network engineer with working knowledge of service provider network technologies, such as IP-MPLS, BGP and SD-WAN solutions. Preferably using Juniper OS.
- Self-motivated and driven by technology evolution driving or developing business benefit.
- Knowledge of Junos OS, Juniper Contrail, Nokia 7750 SR and Nokia 5620 SAM, and SNMP polling platforms. Knowledge of Junos Space and CSD is a plus.
- Good understanding of cloud technologies, especially around cloud interconnections through Service provider networks, intercloud routing and security of cloud and on-prem services.
- Understanding of network automation tools used in Juniper networks to automate network changes.
- Extensive Knowledge of test equipment and troubleshooting techniques used to identify root cause and resolution.
- Ability to solve design and operational problems, plan and schedule complex communication system or services upgrades, modifications, and new equipment deployment and network integration.
- Track record of success in this industry with specific background in data network and its recent evolution into the Cloud.
- Degree & or equivalent Technology related achievement
- 10 years’ experience in a telecommunication service provider
- Practical experience working with optical transport networks are a plus
- Hold a valid JNCIP or JNCIE certificate or able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Selected candidate is subject to background check