Service Design Project Manager (UK)
London, United Kingdom
Overall Job Purpose
The role is responsible for the Project Management of the design & integration of Services and solutions into Epsilons portfolio for existing and new products under development.
The SDPM will manage the project that delivers a new product / service offering into the portfolio, ensuring that all aspects of the product / service can be integrated seamlessly into Epsilons sales, design, delivery, support, Infiny platform and finance teams, whilst keeping customer requirements at the centre of everything.
For Product and Solution development projects, the SDPM will be responsible for the project management of the end-to-end Service Design delivery from start to finish. He / she will work with the Data Service Product Managers and the Technical Sales team to define the user experience, process requirements, translate requirements into functional and technical specifications for internal/external stakeholders and manage all elements of the Service into Epsilons portfolio of offerings. He/she will work with a diverse set of internal and external partners, building and maintaining relationships to deliver the projects, which in turn will drive a great customer experience.
The SDPM will be an integral part of the team that defines and advances Epsilon’s data services portfolio and positions Epsilon as a leader in the delivery of network interconnection services.
The role will be fully aligned with Epsilons PMO function, following standards, training, & development.
Working closely with the Data Business Unit, this role will be part of the Solution Design team and will be responsible for managing the Project that will introduce new products/services to Epsilons portfolio of offerings.
The SDPM will work closely with the Product teams, the Solution Design engineers, Technical Sales Teams, Engineering, Finance, Commercial, Delivery and assurance teams for all aspects of the new product/service internal design and delivery. In addition, this role will interface with many external 3rd party partners and suppliers.
Interfacing with, and managing stakeholder project deliverables, The SDPM will own all aspects of the Project delivery, from initial conception through solution development and testing, Service definition, training, beta testing, process development, operational readiness and delivery into the portfolio as a fully documented and supported Service that can then be delivered and supported by Epsilon to its Customers and partners.
Lead Technical Sales Engineer
- Primarily responsible for Project Managing the design and integration of new data services into the organisation portfolio; ensuring any end-to-end processes for these Services are lean, effective and automated wherever possible.
- For each new product/Service, own the project planning and delivery stages from identifying the project scope and requirements through to identifying resource and stakeholders to deliver the project.
- Create and Maintain all project planning, risk and reporting documentation deemed necessary to deliver the product/Service into the portfolio, keeping the business fully aligned with progress of the project.
- Manage the stakeholders to deliver the required technical and non-technical deliverables according to the project timeline and the required standards.
- For each product, lead the stakeholders to design and deliver best-in-class customer orientated Processes, Customer Experience, including delivery and assurance aspects.
- Manage the project team to define and agree the service design scope, strategy, documentation and applicable process framework- both internally and externally
- Collaborating effectively with subject matter experts as well as the organisation’s operations, business development, financial, commercial and technical colleagues to achieve the optimal product/service design
- Responsible for managing the definition of the customer touchpoints, customer life-cycle and process design of each product and its end-to-end integrity
- Ensure that Process and Service designs are operable, maintainable, scalable and robust
- Accountable for Project Managing the planning and designing appropriate tests that validate services have been built against design specification
- Working with relevant technical partners and or suppliers where required to ensure ongoing market knowledge and or specific product, service insight
- Ensure that the product/Service is fully integrated into Epsilons portfolio for sales, delivery and support of the new product to the customer.
- 5-7 years of Project Management experience, ideally in a Service provider or managed service organization
- Proven track record of owning and delivering complex projects
- Project Management experience of new products – beneficial
- Experience in Service Design – beneficial
- Knowledge & experience of telecommunications solutions development (preferably networking and cloud products)
- Process mapping, improvements, and reengineering experience
- Process documentation skills
- Experience of cross-functional working and the ability to demonstrate a collaborative approach with regards to building key relationships across the business and external partners.
- Experience of developing and introducing complex change into an operational environment.
- Industry Standard Project Management qualification essential
- ITIL Service Management Qualification with Product development experience (preferably networking and cloud products)
- Extensive experience in managing stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrate the ability to operate efficiently in a pressurized environment.
- Able to quickly understand different technologies, systems and processes to a level that allows an understanding of the deliverables required from the various team members, identification and categorization of issues and ensuring appropriate quality measures are always in place
- Demonstrated skills in end-to-end ownership of projects
- Commercial awareness
- Completer finisher
- Problem solving, creative and strategic thinking
- Influencing & negotiating skills
- Third party management skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to drive an effective project team and take full ownership of project delivery.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to all facets of the business.
- Excellent planner and understanding of planning techniques and tools.