Solution Design Engineer
London, United Kingdom
Overall Job Purpose
This role is responsible for the technical design of Services & solutions being led by the Data business unit.
The role includes day to day engagement with the Data Business unit and is responsible for defining the low-level and high-level technical service design, testing and evaluation of solutions, technical deployment processes, proactive support monitoring design and network/service performance SLAs. The products will often include use of 3rd party functionality and services offered by our partners which needs to be combined in a single solution and integrated into Epsilons SDN where needed.
The role will also involve working very closely with the software development teams developing Epsilons SDN platform Infiny, enabling new services for order and delivery through Infiny.
Although the role is a primarily technical solution design, there will be close collaboration with the core engineering team to ensure design requirements for new services can be delivered by the network and any new service constructs required, can be developed by the core engineering team. There is also a requirement to work on and or assist with activities on the core network as and when required.
The Solution Design Engineer also works in close collaboration with the service assurance teams to ensure the necessary documentation is created and monitoring is setup for all network and service metrics, to enable proactive monitoring of backbone and customer services.
Support to the capacity management team is also needed, to ensure metrics to monitor capacity for new service types and new developments and definition of the required thresholds for alerts and all-in place as required.
The Solution Design Engineer will also be responsible for Post sales Low-Level Design, during the client solution delivery.
You have a dotting line into the Director, Technology primarily to ensure close collaboration with the Engineering team and its ongoing changes, evolutions & Network projects; importantly also, adherence to engineering standards and Network Strategic priorities or requirements are essential to ensure any new products or services can be suitably supported, without compromising technical or operational service levels.
- Technical design of new products and services offered through partners and on-net
- Provision of required technical input into the Product development lifecycle to ensure robust and operationally manageable and secure services, in line with Epsilon customer expectations
- HLD and LLD development for any new services
- Write Technical service descriptions.
- Training of team members on new services being developed.
- Development of provisioning procedures for any new services
- Development and updating of troubleshooting procedures
- Development of Infiny troubleshooting guides for network and customer service-related issues.
- Development of technical stories for Automation development as required
- Support of multiple Service & Operations teams maybe required as part of ongoing service development & or introduction into the Operational theatre post PoC or trails etc..
- Maintaining understanding of technology trends relevant to the business which may include participation in industry bodies or forums.
- Customer engagement for PoC’s, trails, requirements capture etc. as part the new service development process
- Supplier engagement as and when required
- Post-sales client LLD design support
- Successful track record in designing and implementing services for enterprise customers in a service provider environment, including Security services, SD-WAN services and or Multi Cloud services.
- Proven track record of owning the end-to-end low level design of hybrid networking solutions.
- Experienced Network engineer with working knowledge of service provider network technologies, such as IP-MPLS, BGP, Cloud networking and SD-WAN solutions.
- knowledge of Hyperscale platforms (AWS/Azure and GCP), Junos OS, Junos Space and CSD, Junos Topology manager, snmp and other monitoring platforms
- Extensive Knowledge of test equipment and troubleshooting techniques used to identify root cause and resolution.
- Ability to solve design and operational problems, plan and schedule complex communication system or services upgrades, modifications, and new equipment deployment and network integration.
- Track record of success in this industry with a specific background in data network and its recent evolution into the Cloud.
- Degree & or equivalent Technology related achievement
- Understanding and experience in network automation tools is an advantage
- 5-10 years’ experience in a telecommunication service provider, ideally 3 to 4 years’ experience as a design authority for enterprise services with focus on WAN, SD-WAN and Cloud technologies.
- Self-motivated and driven by technology evolution driving or developing business benefit
- JNCIP or JNCIE certificate beneficial, or ability to demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Security Experience beneficial from Fortinet/Palo Alto/F5 or similar
- Cloud networking accreditation from Azure/AWS and GCP or similar beneficial.
- Selected candidate is subject to background check