Network Engineering Team Lead
Overall Job Scope
The Role of the IP/MPLS Network Engineer is to manage, develop, evolve, and support Epsilon’s global IP/MPLS network infrastructure supporting Public IP, Layer2, IP-VPN and SD-WAN services.
- Responsible for the deployment and management of the global MPLS and VPLS (E-Line, E-LAN and IP-VPN) infrastructure.
- Responsible for the deployment and management of the global IP transit, IP peering, firewall security and the connection to IXP and CSP.
- Responsible for the deployment and management of the global SDWAN infrastructure.
- Work cross-functionally with product team and project management to generate implementation plans including Method of Procedure (MOP), Bill of Materials (BOM) and Scope of Works (SOW)
- Identify scope of work required for network augmentations or consolidations then participate in the detailed planning and execution of these projects.
- To take up the on-call duties and out of hours work when required
- Maintain technical and training documentation and develop automation as needed.
- Provide guidance and training to NOC when required
Skills and Knowledge
- 3+ years technical working experience in telecom provider, ISP, CSP or content provider.
- Hands-on experience working within a multi-vendor network environment – Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia and Cisco are relevant.
- Experience working in JUNOS SPACE is an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 routing technologies and protocols including TCP/IP ,OSPF, BGP/MP-BGP, IS-IS, MPLS and RSVP etc.
- Hands-on experience working and knowledge in security and Juniper/Fortinet firewall.
- Experience working with automation technology (Puppet/Ansible) is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines among multiple concurrent projects
- An enthusiastic and helpful attitude
- Willing to learn new technologies
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where a strong ability to multi-task is necessary
- Must be highly detail-oriented