Software Team Lead
Overall Job Scope
Develop and maintain customer facing software system using latest web technologies.
- Engineering – Develops, modifies, debugs and/or maintains software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications. Follow Epsilon software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology and release processes. Ensures code is maintainable, scalable and supportable. Demo the software products to stakeholders.
- Investigation – Investigates issues by reviewing/debugging code, provides fixes and workarounds, reviews changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
- Analysis – Analyzes user experience requirements. Performs impact assessment (for example, for critical production issues) and contributes to Root Cause Analysis of issues and outlines corrective actions.
- Teamwork and Collaboration – Collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, provide comments and suggestions, work with cross functional teams to achieve goals.
- Technical Ownership – Assumes technical accountability for his/her specific areas of expertise within an application and provides technical support during solution design for new requirements. Ensures that documentation related to specific modules/applications is correct and up to date. Performs peer code inspection and reviews on developed solutions and provides relevant feedback.
- Innovation & Continuous Improvement – Actively look for innovation and continuous improvement, efficiency in all assigned tasks.
- Quality and SLAs -Contribute to meet software SLAs and KPIs E.g. Responsiveness, Resolution, Software Quality SLAs. Ensure assigned tasks are completed on time and delivery timelines are met as per quality targets of the organization.
- Onboarding & Knowledge Sharing – Onboarding of new hires; Mentoring on processes, and shares knowledge with team members.
Skills and Knowledge
- Proven ability to write front-end code especially style related technologies – HTML, CSS, JS
- Knowledge of front-end design best practices
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- At least 2 years’ experience with Vue.js
- Experience with gulp, webpack or alternatives
- Experience with npm
- Experience with git vcs
- Good understanding of Laravel-Vue integration (SPA vs MPA)
- Excellent at consuming REST APIs (Axios, Promises)
Values and Personal Characteristics:
- Must be comfortable taking ownership of FE architecture
- Must be interested in understanding business logic
- Must be passionate about FE development as career choice (keeping up to date with modern FE technologies)