Director of Information Systems (IS)
Overall Job Scope
A software professional leading the agile feature development of the Epsilon software defined networking platform ‘Infiny’.
The product owner has a very clear understanding of the internal business workflows and network technology at play within the business. Working with key stakeholders across departments, the Software Product Owner:
- Analyzes the business requirements for the platform and takes part in high level solutioning
- Works with Digital Transformation Director to produce a prioritized backlog of development activities aligned to the roadmap
- Reviews technical backlog with development team as part of continuous agile sprint cycles
- Provides clarifications during sprint iterations on requirements and takes part in quality assurance activities
- Ensures release readiness
- Backlog grooming and planning – Responsible for understanding business requirement and building the backlog (creation, prioritization and breakdown); Translates business requirements or product roadmap into manageable backlog and documents the epics/features/stories; Consults with Digital Transformation Director and multiple other stakeholders across departments; Backlog should cover all functional and non-functional aspects and include ‘done’ criteria. Leads and/or participates in producing estimations.
- Quality Assurance – together with software tester, ensure the overall quality of the release by ensuring that all acceptance criteria are met
- Release Planning – an active participant in release planning, the PO conveys the sprint goals at the beginning of every release to the development team, working with the Digital Transformation Director, the Product Owner prioritizes user story backlog and supports the sprint and release planning activities.
- Execution & Support – Supports the development team and provides ongoing early feedback during sprints (business clarifications, adjustments for risk, reprioritizations, changes in scope, approves ‘done’ stories); Reviews and approves all design gaps and/or solution enhancement suggestions relevant stakeholders. Takes an active part in all planning & retrospectives activities.
- Agility – Ensures new features are demonstrated to stakeholders and that there is a regular feedback loop to further refine the future roadmap and development backlog.
Skills and Knowledge
- Business oriented. Ability to represent the end-user needs to the development team.
- Experienced in functionality/spec definition, architecture, and design.
- Ability to facilitate scope changes and prioritization.
- Experience in agile methodologies.
- Prior experience in being responsible for complex development projects.
- Good negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, work with several parties in parallel, lead cross functional tasks
- Prior experience in a range of software roles
- Experience of agile software development as a product owner or scrum master
- Experience with telecommunications industry beneficial