Service Operations Manager
Overall Job Purpose
Support day to day the CS (Customer Services) Team with main responsibilities for network event and customer incident management, fault resolution and support the network and wider voice team (part of CS or Engineering team) with troubleshooting activities. Maintaining the network to the highest standard, ensuring documentation maintained, and capacity managed across the full estate. Plan and execute software and hardware upgrades according to manufacturer guidelines and following Epsilon’s change control process.
- Provide technical support:
- Respond to tickets assigned immediately (within 15 minutes)
- Troubleshoot faults and work on the ticket till resolution or escalate to the next level
- Provide timely updates to customers and vendors/suppliers.
- Escalate issues with vendors to ensure P1 issues resolved within 4 hours
- Update customer incidents and voice infrastructure ticket with troubleshooting and resolution notes
- Draft RFOs and support management with escalated incidents
- General network maintenance:
- Plan and Execute Software upgrades
- Keep documentation up to date
- Keep capacity management documents up to date
- Manage customer and supplier migrations
- Plan and execute hardware install and upgrades based on Engineering designs.
- Participate in customer meetings as and when required to provide technical expertise or during RFO calls.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in voice traffic routing across carrier networks
- Demonstrate working experience to troubleshoot SIP and SS7 signaling issues
- Demonstrate working experience to troubleshoot complex audio quality issues across SIP and SS7 services.
- Familiar with following technologies:
- SIP, SS7, Sigtran (M2PA and M3UA), SMS (HTTP and SMC-C), TDM, Ethernet and IP routing.
- Knowledge of Dialogic Control Switch, Dialogic Media Gateways, Dialogic Bordernet SBC, Dialogic Sigtran solution, Cataleya SBC, Wireshark, concept of firewalls.
- Ability to solve operational problems, plan and schedule complex communication system or services upgrades, modifications, and new equipment deployment and network integration.
- Proven track record of success in this telecom or service provider network environment
- Bachelor degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science or Network Technologies
- Min. 2 years’ experience in a telecommunication service provider as network operations or support engineer
- Industry recognized certification is a plus
- Troubleshooting skills on various network technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to assimilate, analyse and correlate data from various network monitoring system, application, and security devices, logs, and alerts
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with ability to influence and inspire
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Keen eye for detail and a result driven approach
- Flexible, adaptable and supportive