Group Financial Controller
Overall Job Purpose
The Group Financial Controller is a senior level position reporting directly to the CFO. The primary purpose of the role is to act as the “eyes and ears” of the CFO, ensuring the financial results are accurate and reported to schedule under a strong financial control framework. The Group Financial Controller is responsible for and applies the company’s accounting policies and advises the business on their practical implementation, taking responsibility for decisions in key areas of judgement and complexity. The role involves a high level of interaction with senior management within the Group. The role has clearly defined core responsibilities but will also include involvement in significant ad hoc issues that arise across the business including process reengineering, systems, working capital management and intercompany initiatives.
- Reporting and Accounting
- Ensuring the financial results are accurate and reported to schedule under a strong financial control framework.
- Ownership, implementation and advice on accounting policies
- Ensuring company compliance of relevant accounting policies and that the business understands their impact/importance
- Finance Team
- Management and development of the Financial Accounting team based in Singapore and Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Management of the external audit processes and adherence to the financial control framework
- Active engagement of the external auditors to ensure a smooth year-end audit and the timely resolution of judgement areas throughout the year including the timely filing of the statutory accounts, VAT and other required documents with the appropriate authorities.
- Balance sheet and cash flow insight and forecast
- Experience as a programme / project manager delivering large complex projects
- Comprehensive knowledge of programme / project methodologies and their application across the programme lifecycle.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills, with appropriate experience and track record of success.
- Ability to work at all levels in an organisation to successfully implement major change
- Experience of delivering technically complex projects
- A good knowledge of data & cloud-based services and self-served portal.
- A good knowledge of OSS and business process re-engineering.