General overview of how we use personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you (or your organisation, as applicable).
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where we have your consent to do so (for example, if we obtain your consent for marketing communications).
What this means in practice
In practice, this means that we will use your personal data:
- To register you as a new customer.
- To process and deliver your order and account, including managing payments, fees and charges and collecting and recovering money owed to us.
- To manage our relationship with you.
- To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition, promotion, complete a survey, or participate in an event or other marketing campaign organised by us.
- To administer, operate, provide, maintain and protect our business and our websites, platforms and services (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data).
- To deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you.
- To use data analytics to improve our website, platforms, services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about products or services that may be of interest to you.
- To send you relevant information about our events, news announcements or promotions.
- To contact you in relation to the above.
- Where we have to use your personal data for another purpose as required by law or regulation – for example, to respond to administrative, judicial or law enforcement requests or to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Promotional offers and marketing
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us, purchased services from us or otherwise had a business relationship with us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing. In all other cases, we will obtain your consent before contacting you for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time at email@example.com. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a service purchase, warranty registration, service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.