Network Engineering Team Lead
Overall Job Scope
The Role of the IP/MPLS Network Engineer is to manage, develop, evolve, and support Epsilon’s global IP/MPLS network infrastructure supporting Public IP, Layer2, IP-VPN and SD-WAN services.
- Serve as direct report for team of network engineers, providing leadership accordingly.
- Monitor network engineering team objectives and progress to ensure the KPI’s for the team are being met
- Conduct regular one to one meeting with members of the network team to ensure they are consistently progressing toward meeting their assigned objectives and agreed learning objectives
- Act as primary stakeholder for assigned network projects when necessary, assembling an execution plan and providing operation support as needed
- Provide support to rest of the team as needed with any BAU or planned works tasks
- Foster an agenda to automate routine network tasks as much as possible
- Work with external teams such as Product and IS to provide technical feedback where required
- Participation in required meetings
- Train new team members where needed and provide additional instruction to existing team members to ensure everyone has the tools needed to succeed
- Assist in the ongoing development and enforcement of documented processes such as change control procedures for network changes
- Support the operational NOC and Provisioning teams when needed as a tier3 escalation point of contact
- Participate in an on-call rotation if required
Skills and Knowledge
- Leadership skills managing a team of network engineers by example, acting as a mentor when they require support on certain issues they may encounter through their daily work
- Proven track record as a network engineer with solid working knowledge of service provider network technologies, such as IP-MPLS, BGP and SD-WAN solutions. Preferably with Juniper platforms.
- Familiarity with Transmission networks (DWDM, OTN, SDH, etc)
- Exposure to voice network infrastructure is a plus
- Commercial experience of using network automation tools such as Python, Ansible, Chef, Puppet and vendor tools
- Ability to solve design and operational problems, plan and schedule complex communication system or services upgrades, modifications, and new equipment deployment and network integration.
- Knowledge of Junos OS, Junos Space and CSD along with their APIs a plus.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and willingness to multitask are crucial.
- Self-motivated and driven by technology evolution driving or developing business benefit.
- Track record of success in this industry with specific background in data network and its recent evolution into the Cloud.
- Degree & or equivalent Technology related achievement
- 3-5 years’ experience in a telecommunication service provider
- Cloud networking skills is a plus
- Hold a valid JNCIP or CCNP certificate or able to demonstrate equivalent experience is a plus.
- Selected candidate is subject to background check