Director, Customer Services
Overall Job Scope
The role is part of the Customer Services Team and mainly responsible for day to day customer and supplier escalation management with primary focus on meeting customer SLAs and driving positive customer experience. Follow up on customer/supplier tickets with RFO/RCA, Post Incident Reviews and/or Service reviews. Responsibilities for service operations process reviews and improvements, ticket management system ownership and administration.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent prompt adequate/professional response to escalated customer incidents and requests
- Taking appropriate actions to follow up closely with customers until successful resolution in line with expected KPI’s which includes and is not limited to coordinating internal (CSC, Field, Engineering) and external (suppliers and vendors) teams
- Consistently monitor trouble ticket quality and standards and participate in regular conference calls internally and with customers and suppliers where required. Ensure trend analysis is regularly reported on and managed accordingly.
- Constant follow-up on escalated tickets till resolution
- Customer satisfaction is the key element of escalation management program; hence a key expectation is prompt response to calls and emails. In your capacity as Service Assurance Manager you are a key escalation point and should be able to identify early on any trouble spots or issues that may lead to such further escalation or follow-up
- Crafting Customer RFOs based on network events and engagement in customer service management and improvement meetings
- Follow ups with Post Incident Reviews on prolonged incidents
- Developing Service Improvement Plans and driving till completion
- Have “Customer-first” and embrace positive change
Network Infrastructure engagement (Jeopardy Management/ Major Outages / Crisis Management/Planned Works)
During major outages:
If the CSC Team are working multiple escalated cases simultaneously, Service Assurance Manager supports Service Operations Manager and Customer Service Director to establish work priorities.
- Ownership of escalated customer tickets. Consistent tracking of aged customer or supplier incidents to ensure SLA’s/OLA’s are maintained accordingly and escalate to appropriate party ( internal or external)
- Ownership of all supplier facing tickets in the CSC queue and follow up till resolution
- RFO/RCA preparation & reporting – ensure SLA’s are maintained and lucid, clear communications with customers & internal stakeholders is maintained accordingly.
- Perform regular service reviews with suppliers and identify based on ticket management and reporting if service improvements are needed
- Review supplier performance, propose and drive service improvements
- Build and focus on supplier relationships to provide the company with the competitive edge and local awareness necessary for the fulfilment of the business.
Process, Systems & Reporting
- Constantly review internal service operations processes with Service operations Manager and Customer Services Director (event management, incident management, change management) and make improvement suggestions
- Review day-to-day ticket data integrity, identify gaps and take appropriate measures/fixes
- Own and administrate the internal ticketing system
- Preparing and analyzing internal & external reports from different tools and making suggestion for process and /or service improvement
Skills and Knowledge
- 3+ years’ experience in international telecom or service provider supporting global network and customers
- Successful track record in managing escalation processes and SLAs
- Working knowledge in Network Technologies
- Experience in and instituting ITIL best practices and methodologies
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Telecommunications/ Networking.
- Strong Communication and organizational skills with ability to influence and inspire
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Good listener, with attention to detail and seeing the big picture