We had built tremendous momentum in 2018 and focused on transforming our network and global infrastructure. As we take big leaps forward in 2019, we will be focused on continual transformation and the on-going evolution of our business. This transformation is about adapting and shaping our infrastructure, operations and our business culture to meet the needs of network-centric businesses today and into the future.
I am extremely proud of our team for executing on our vision for hyper-scalable, software-defined, Carrier-grade networking. Throughout the year, we have added new capabilities and built up our infrastructure to support new kinds of customers and emerging technologies. All our work in 2018 is really about setting us on a path to evolving our organisation this year.
In May 2018, we announced our deployment of 100G on-demand across our global backbone. The phased deployment enables us to support the capacity demands driven by the Cloud, Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) across the globe. Our partners can now click-to-connect 100G services on our Infiny portal and scale their networks in the long-term.
At the same time, we expanded our Global Interconnect Fabric with new Points of Presence (PoPs) across North America, Africa, Asia and partnered with world-leading Cloud Providers and Internet Exchanges (IX). We now have over 100 PoPs globally with on-ramp to all major Cloud Providers as well as on-demand access to LINX NoVA, France-IX, BBIX, AMSIX Hong Kong, MASS-IX and many more via Infiny.
- Serving New Segments – We are ready to serve a whole range of network-centric businesses from OTT and XaaS providers to App Developers and Enterprises. Each segment has unique requirements that we can fulfil with on-demand, more flexible and agile networking. They are crying out for a better networking model and we are able to address these business pain points with our Infiny SDN platform.
- Enabling New Technologies – Across the industries, the next step in digital transformation is being held back by networking. We have the scalability and speed to enable the deployment of IoT, AI and new Cloud-based applications and services. We must be focused on removing the limits to a truly digitalised future. APIs seamlessly integrating solutions into existing platforms. Automation delivering new agility in networking. Visibility and transparency giving users full control over their services.
- Transforming Data Centre Connectivity – We will make a strong push into the Data Centre Interconnect market and become one of the leading SDN providers for metro Ethernet Data Centre connectivity. There’s a massive opportunity to transition legacy Data Centre connectivity to an automated and on-demand model. Our offering enables customers and partners to connect across any Data Centre ecosystem and frees network-centric businesses to connect their Data Centre across the globe with a single provider.
- Moving with Speed – We have to move with speed in 2019. It is critical that we develop solutions that match the needs of each segment and grow them faster than ever before. There should be greater urgency, creating agile roadmaps that take weeks instead of months. We are connecting our partners and customers to data centres globally while offering access to Cloud and IX. At the same time providing an end-to-end connectivity solution for all kinds of businesses.
- Analytics and the Feedback Loop – We are building new intelligence into our sales and marketing approach. By capturing data on how our services are being used by who and where, we have created a feedback loop between sales and marketing to drive the development of better products. We are now supported by data to make faster and more precise decisions. Sales figures are only one data set. They don’t tell the whole story about what is working and why. Using the intelligence, we will be able to enhance and build even better solutions.
- Staying True to Who We are – Throughout our continual transformation, we have to remain focused on our mission. No matter which segment we serve, our business is always about making connectivity simple and delivering customer service excellence. In this age of digital consumers, customer experience is more important than ever. We must to continue to explore new ways to optimise the experience for our customers, and that will become our strongest differentiator.
This Time Next Year
By the end of the year, we will be successfully serving more network-centric businesses to experience a new networking model, from Carriers and Data Centres through to XaaS providers and Enterprises. We will be a market-leading metro Ethernet SDN platform that enables these businesses to connect and optimise their applications and services on-demand and around the world.
Our platform will have new and better capabilities driven by the data and analytics captured throughout the year. Our solutions will be able to address the needs of each segment while more of our customers and partners will see networking as a positive force of change in their business.
I personally would like to hear our customers and partners say, “Epsilon has an amazing suite of solutions and delivers excellent customer service”. Beyond the targets, that is what I really want to see by the end of the year. Customers and partners recognising us for our best-in-class solutions as we deliver an end-to-end customer experience in their journey with us. It is only then can we say that our transformation has been a success. 2019 is going to be an exceptional year.