Software Engineer (Singapore)
Overall Job Purpose
As a Software Engineer, you will be required to work on one or more specific modules within a large software system scope.
- Designs, develops, modifies, debugs and/or maintains software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications.
- Ability to follow Epsilon software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology and release processes.
- Ensures code is maintainable, scalable and supportable. Demonstrates the software products to stakeholders.
- Investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, provides fixes (analyze and fix bugs) and workarounds, reviews changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
- Analyzes requirement and design documents. Performs impact assessment such as critical production issues and contributes to Root Cause Analysis of issues and outlines corrective actions.
- Assumes technical accountability for specific work products within an application and provides technical support during solution design for new requirements.
- Ensures that documentation related to specific modules/applications is correct and up to date. Performs peer code inspection and reviews on developed solutions and provides relevant feedback.
- Collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, provide comments and suggestions, work with cross functional teams to achieve goals. Work as technical interface with other teams to resolve issues related to interfacing functionalities.
- Actively look for innovation and continuous improvement, efficiency in all assigned tasks.
- Contribute to meet software Service Level Agreement (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) (E.g. Responsiveness, Resolution, Software Quality SLAs.).
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed on time and delivery timelines are met as per quality targets of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of experience in software development
- Awareness of programming concepts, patterns and anti-patterns
- Scripting experience
- Knowledge of Application Program Interface (API) design best practice
- Knowledge of key security concepts
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- Good team player and highly motivated individual