- The global data centre interconnectivity market worth $2.1bn in 2018 has projected to grow at a CAGR of 8% up to 2024, generating revenues of more than $3.3bn.
- Of the world’s top 15 fastest MW growing markets, nine of them are located in APAC, clearly showing how the region is rapidly becoming the largest in terms of market share.
- Notably, the COVID-19 pandemic could have a multiplier effect on the above forecasts and overlapping with substantial facets of life requiring connectivity.
What does this mean for service providers?
The bedrock of tomorrow’s connectivity is the virtualisation of carrier ethernet networks and ethernet services via software defined networking (SDN).
- Super scalable
As a hyperconnected digital hub, click a button and you will be able to serve new customer demands and access new areas of collaboration via short to long term granular bandwidth from 2Mbps up to 100Gbps .
- Global reach
Instant connection to an already-established global ecosystem of networks, cloud service providers and internet exchanges is vital.
- On-demand connectivity model
The system should enable you to rapidly deploy new applications and services whenever, wherever.
- Single-contract flexibility
The versatility of DCI must be accompanied by the simplicity of an all-encompassing contract that is flexible enough to adapt to changing needs.
- Carrier-grade security and serviceability
Entrust your mission-critical data only to a global, MEF-certified private network manned 24/7 by dedicated network experts.
It is clear from the above that service providers will thrive with an on-demand networking platform which can be used to deliver the best pathways for their end-users to interconnect data centres and much more.
Even more so, the flexibility to tap on scalable bandwidth capacity means that service providers can continue to support their customers no matter how urgent.
A single port connection to instant global connectivity and a software-defined networking (SDN) platform such as Epsilon’s Infiny can be easily leveraged for on-demand DCI, direct cloud connection, access to internet exchanges and other critical network solutions.
It is now the time to act fast to meet the needs for short-term interconnection and ensuring the network is ready to face new challenges.